The Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation is looking for Host Homes for its back-to-back International Piano Competitions to be held June 13-28, 2016. The Junior Competition for pianists age 11-14 will take place June 13-18 and the Young Artists Competition for pianists age 15-18 will be the following week, June 21-28. You may choose to host either one week or both weeks depending on your availability.
The Gina Bachauer International Piano Competitions cannot happen without the support of generous Host Homes like yours. You are the heart and soul of this prestigious event. You allow pianists who are competing to be in a supportive environment so that they can be at their best for the grueling performances and long practice schedules that are part of an International Piano Competition. Many times competitors are living on a very limited budget and make great financial sacrifices to be at this competition. They are extremely grateful to be able to stay in your home among comfortable surroundings. The Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation thanks you for your time and support.
Check out what past host families have to say about their experience!
Host families interview with Nicea Degering of ABC 4 News
Host families interviewed by Deseret News
Host families interviewed by Salt Lake Tribune
Responsibilities of a Host Home
- Have a grand piano in excellent condition.
- Provide private bedroom and bath facilities.
- Provide use of your piano (baby grand or larger) which must be in excellent practice condition, tuned and the action all working well.
- Provide meals and allow them to dine with your family. You may go out to dinner with them if you choose.
- Provide transportation to and from all competition related events at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center and Abravanel Hall.
- Provide friendship and a little TLC–as not every competitor will take home a medal. Be their biggest cheerleader. Have fun.
- Enjoy the beautiful music and cultural exchange that comes with the competition. This is not hard to do and is actually the biggest bonus.
Tickets for Competition Events
Host Families receive full passes to all competition rounds and finals for the week they host!
If you are interested in hosting a competitor, please contact Julie Anderson at email@example.com or 801-297-4250.